A corporate event can be defined as a gathering that is sponsored by a business for its employees, business partners, clients and/or prospective clients. These events can be for larger audiences such as conventions or smaller events like conferences, meetings or holiday parties.
Traditional Reasons To Hold a Corporate Event
- Marketing to create new lead generation avenues.
- Reward employees and business partners for their hard work.
- Help productivity through team building exercises promoting togetherness and teamwork in the office.
- Introduce new and or reinforce existing key strategies.
- Address the affect of competition taking place on a company’s bottom line.
- Launch a new product
The list could go on, but the goal is always to create an atmosphere of education that allows for the short and long term goals of the company to be realized seamlessly and with exactitude. Sometimes corporate events will involve only executives, while other times, it may include upper management along with the employees attending. The event schedule could include a dinner or lunch at a restaurant. These meetings may be located at the place of business and have the food and beverage catered, while others are held in convention centers or large hotel ballrooms, catering to large groups. Usually incentive meetings are in the nicest of resorts as to not only reward a job well done, but also to incentivize attendees to reach future goals to be able to be a part of these types of extravagant events in the future.
Some of the Staples of Corporate Events Are:
- Mixers, where relationships are formed by staff and clients mingling with a goal to network and build on new and existing relationships.
- General Sessions where the major strategies are introduced and reinforced with Audio Visuals and keynote addresses.
- Dinners as incentives and recognition of outstanding performance.
- Entertainment that dazzles, and rewards.
While the Location, Venue, Food and Entertainment are Extremely Important…
Content is always one of the key elements in corporate events, as it is designed to reinforce the real reason behind the meeting….. The message or value to be communicated.
- Keynote speakers that are educational, motivational and inspirational.
- Breakout sessions that allow your attendees to get specific information in smaller groups.
- Team building exercises designed to create “an atmosphere of teamwork” in the workplace.
- Audio Video elements that can be both informative and instructional
- Entertainment segments that can be designed specifically to reinforce the message or brand value.